Is this project abandoned?

Apr 8, 2011 at 4:02 PM

Is this project abandoned?

Apr 8, 2011 at 4:20 PM

Well I certainly hope that it is NOT, but it would seem like it is since there was no progress since last year.

There is Supersocket websocket server which would be much more suitable alternative if youre looking for better and production-capable websocket server.

Coordinator
Apr 9, 2011 at 3:28 PM

Actually, I had abandoned the project, I guess I was content with a partially working server, as i don't have any application using the server, and only made it to learn about web sockets.

I'll push my local repo to codeplex after posting this. I was in the process of separating the "framework" part of nugget from the "server" part. I felt like all the reflection/wrapping/factory'ing was making the server really messy. I hope making this post and pushing partially working code will give me enticement to keep working on the server.

Thanks for showing interest in the project, I hope i wont disappoint you :)

- Jon

Apr 9, 2011 at 11:22 PM

That's wonderful to read. I am actually trying to create an interactive phorum in Silvelight/Nugget/Mysql as a school assignment. I have been programming in C# like month or so.  Since you created the chat examples in java,I used Nugget as websocket server as it was way more straightforward to try out than Supersocket.

Thank you for not completely abandoning the project. I guess I will switch from Nugget to Superwebsocket if I ever try to use it in production, but still-Nugget is the simplest solution for websocket avaible today. And that count's for something.